"Pretty in Pink" Woman's Ministry

"A Place Where Christian Women can be Women 24/7."

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am happily married to my best friend, Robert, and have two kids, Christina and Andrew.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Heart to Heart with God



One should love God with all of their heart and one should also love your neighbor as yourself. You should have a love affair with the Lord 24/7. Aren't you glad you are a Daughter of the Most High God? I am...what about you? Please refer to Matthew 22:36-40 and 11 Choricles 16:9.

Am I loving the Lord with all of my heart or am I letting the distractions of life get in the way? You should guard your heart. Who do you love most? God? You? Neighbor? Money? The question then should be whether you passionately love Him with all of your heart. Are you hot or cold or somewhere in the middle? You should have a heart for God. You should be a "God Chaser"---a person after God's Heart...A Servant for the Kingdom.

When life gets in the way, like a divorce, who do we call on? Do you call on God or Dr. Phil or Oprah? You decide...you only have one life to live. We might as well live this life for Him and His Kingdom. The devil is out to "kill, steal and destroy" like a "thief in the night." Do not let satan have a strong hold in your life. Do not give him the time of day. God is here to heal the broken hearted if we, as women, let Him...do it today so you can leave your "baggage" at the trash can for the Garbage Man to take away on Trash Day. Sometimes, we let alcohol, drugs, etc., be our substitution for God. Please do not let it.

You might be asking how do I make my way back to the Lord. Here are my suggestions as explained to me by Pastor Melvin Lee from Shoreline Christian Center:

1. Look up...God never leaves us. In the Bible, we have a story about a Prodigal Son that comes back to his father. Our help comes when we look up to Heaven.

2. Look in...We put blame on everyone else but ourselves. We should look within ourselves. Sometimes, this is a hard lesson that we face but we can do it...we just need to have Faith in Our God.

3. Cry out...pray for one another. Ask the Lord to create within us a clean heart.

4. Go to our prayer closets so we can seek God. You should read God's Word daily. Start with Proverbs or Psalms. You might be thinking that you do not have time...make time by getting up early or going to bed late. You need to reconnect to God. You will be glad you did.


Lord, I ask you today to help me have a clean heart and mend my broken heart so that I can do the work of the Kingdom. I am sorry that I have been trying to figure life on my own when I should have been relying on You. Please help me Lord and I cry out for You right now. Give me wisdom and knowledge. I thank you for my many Blessings in my life. In Your Son's Name...Amen.

If this message has been helpful or you have a praise report/prayer request, please leave me a comment or write to me at barbarabodling@yahoo.com --- thanks. I am here 24/7 for you ladies.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,

Barbara

5 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

Even if I'm a man, this was very helpful to me Barbara - thaks for sharing!
My beloved wife always sais: 'It works if you work it, so work it your worht it' and that has been a guidience in my life.
Btw: I'm nominated for the Bloggs of Summer. Could you please bring all your friends over and vote for me?

July 26, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hello RennyBA,

I see you are back again, how awesome, I love doing "Pretty in Pink" Woman's Ministry and you are more than welcome to come to my blog anytime you want, men can come too, we are all growing in the Kingdom of God. I will tell all my friends over in the United States about your blog. I loved your blog and enjoyed learning about Norway. Thanks for visiting and come back often. Bring your male friends from Norway back.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,

Barbara

July 26, 2006 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post, barbara. :)

July 26, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hello Pia,

Glad you dropped by from the Phillipines, thought you would all be inspired by this message, I was just speaking the truth, actually, God gave me the words. Many Men and Women forget to have this heart to heart with God. They are missing out on one of God's Blessings for their life. Thanks for visiting. Talk to you soon.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,

Barbara

July 26, 2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger jayonna65 said...

omg your just wonderful

March 21, 2008 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Barbara Bodling | Create Your Badge