"Pretty in Pink" Woman's Ministry

"A Place Where Christian Women can be Women 24/7."

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am happily married to my best friend, Robert, and have two kids, Christina and Andrew.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

25 Years of Wedded Bliss and Still Going Strong...





Today, my husband and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. You are probably wondering if there is such a thing of a Heavenly marriage. There is such a thing as this. How does one have a marriage made in Heaven? If I can have this kind of marriage, you can too. Let me give you a few thoughts.

Let me give you a background of my marriage so you know where I am coming from. Robert and I got married September 26, 1981. We were married at F.E. Warren Air Force Base when we were in our 20's. We got married and off we went to enjoy our wedded bliss. This is what I thought that married life was and I was so wrong. We had a wreck on our honeymoon because my husband felt asleep at the wheel. We rolled down an embankment and ended up in the emergency room. I had to get stitches for my head and some stitches on my knee. What a great way to start a marriage. It had to be the worst way on earth to start a marriage and this accident did not help our marriage at all. Our marriage was a total mess from abuse from my husband. There were times when I wanted to commit suicide to escape my marriage. I thought that I could commit suicide with a bottle of pills and this would ease the pain. I never did it, thank goodness. I lived 12 years of a unhappy marriage and I wanted a divorce.

I bet you are wondering how I changed my marriage around for the good. I asked God into my life and made Christ the center of our marriage. God changed everything from a unhappy marriage to a marriage made in Heaven. When I made God the center of my marriage, healing in my marriage began in me. It says in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 that "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres." It also says in 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." I live for God now and everything revolves around Jesus and His Love for me. It is not about me, or my husband. It is all about God and what I can do for Him. I love serving Christ and telling other people the good news of His Son. Do you know Jesus? Would you like to know Jesus today and know about His Great Love for you? I invite you right now to pray with me and invite Jesus into your heart. Will you pray with me?

Let us bow in prayer.

Lord, I ask you to come into my life right now so that I can have the Abundant Life that your Son freely gives. Please come into my life right now. I thank you for coming into my life and ask that you forgive me of my sins. Please cleanse me and help me live the Christian life. I thank you in Jesus Name...Amen.

If this message has helped you or you just want to chat, please drop me a line at barbarabodling@yahoo.com. I am here for you and would love to hear from you today. Thanks.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,

Barbara

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Robert Bodling: Thank you for the blissfull 25 years, I wouldn't want to spend a day without you in it...

September 26, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Thank you for being my husband and as I said before I propose a toast to another 25 years. Praise the Lord. Love Barbara

September 26, 2006 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Barbara Bodling | Create Your Badge