"Pretty in Pink" Woman's Ministry

"A Place Where Christian Women can be Women 24/7."

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am happily married to my best friend, Robert, and have two kids, Christina and Andrew.

Friday, September 29, 2006

One-Woman Juggler



Like most women today, I lead an active life. Often, I feel like a one-woman juggling act. Sometimes, it gets out of control--or, rather, I get out of control.

Recently, I found myself waking up in the morning, dreading to face the new day and my seemingly endless chores and duties. My prayer time was suffering because I felt so overwhelmed with pressures and responsibilities. Yet, I kept taking on more and more.

Then, one morning, I glanced down at a note pad a friend had given me for Christmas. It said, One day at a time. Seeking God's guidance, I sat down and make a list of the things I truly needed to accomplish that day. I didn't worry about what I had failed to do yesterday, or what I hoped to do tomorrow, I just concentrated on today.

As the day progressed (beginning with a renewed and refreshed prayer time), I found time to straighten my home, attend a friend's funeral, visit with a neighbor, do my marketing, work in the garden, and even spend a little time on my writing. As I climbed into bed that night, I looked at my list and smiled. I was right on schedule.

Lord, help me to remember it's not by my power, nor by my might, but by your Spirit that we accomplish anything worthwhile. Amen.


Nicole Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Barbara Bodling | Create Your Badge