"Pretty in Pink" Woman's Ministry

"A Place Where Christian Women can be Women 24/7."

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am happily married to my best friend, Robert, and have two kids, Christina and Andrew.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

When It Hurts So Much...




There are times in the lives of all God's children when we are called on to suffer. We read in Romans 5:3-4 that "suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character, hope." For me suffering has also produced times of physical and emotional weekness. After the death of my first child, as I lay near death myself, I tried to pray, but I was in shock and heavily medicated. No words would come into my mind or to my lips, I wish I had known Romans 8:26-27 then. Yet, although I could not speak, I felt in close communication with the Lord. I just didn't understand how this was possible.

While believers are sustained in their suffering by hope, we also are sustained in our weakness in the most special way of all:

The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do no know what we
ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intecedes for us with
groans that words that cannot express. And he who searches
our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit; because the Spirit
intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
(Romans 8:26-27)

God himself, who dwells within us in the person of the Holy Spirit, intercedes for us in our weakness. Not with flowery or powerful words, but with groans that words cannot express. How empowering in our weaknest moments, when we don't know how to express our own overwhelming needs, to cling to the words of God.

"The Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." And all of this intercession on our behalf is done "in accordance with God's will" for us personally. When Christ gave us the Holy Spirit, he left us much more than an inner spiritual discernment. Our triune God lives within and interceded for each of us when we are in our weakest moments.

Abba, Father, your love and concern for me when I am at my vulnerable times in life is beyond my understanding. I thank you for the gracious gift of your Holy Spirit. Amen.



Sue Richards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Barbara Bodling | Create Your Badge